[Mailman-Users] Mailman Security

Staven Bruce Staven.Bruce at valleyair.org
Thu Apr 17 01:29:31 CEST 2003

I have a quick question for anyone who knows...

We are going live to the public with our Mailman server. It is a RedHat 8.0
server with Mailman 2.0.13 running on top of the latest Sendmail MTA.

I am trying to ensure the server is as locked down as possible. I was
wondering if anyone could tell me how secure the password protected area for
the administrative interface really is? Is there a "hack" or "back door" I
should know about and protect against? Is the Mailman application security
here as good as the Operating System's Security? Any info would help.

Thanks,

Staven