[Mailman-Users] Group id Catch-22 after list move

Nick Arnett narnett at mccmedia.com
Mon Apr 7 00:19:02 CEST 2003

I did have old aliases in /etc/aliases and /etc/postfix/aliases.  They're
gone now and I've run newaliases.  data/aliases was owned by root, so I
changed it to be owned by mailman, then ran bin/genaliases.  After that, it
was owned by mailnull (along with everything else in data).  Restarted
Postfix, restarted Mailman... and I don't see any change, sadly.

But wait!!!  It *is* fixed.  I just realized that *all* the lists were
broken the same way, so a re-install with the correct mail group id fixed
everything.  Thanks!!!

The good part of all of this is that I understand the source much better
now, so I may finally work my way around to implementing some of the ideas
I've had.  Speaking of which, a little bit of documentation on the pipeline
stuff and how one might add modules would go a long, long way.

As for the wacky url in the internal mailman list, now I should at least be
able to just remove and replace it to fix that problem.

And thanks again.

Nick