[Mailman-Users] Problem getting mailman to work

mailman at tux.org mailman at tux.org
Mon Sep 30 23:30:20 CEST 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Zoheb Sait wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed mailman on my server, with the all the right flags and stuff,
> however mailman is not sending out any emails, no confirmation emails and
> not sending mail to any subscribed users.
> There is no error in the log files, and the log files also do not show
> any activity by mailman except for the mail from the subscribed

I am betting you forgot to set up the Mailman crontab entries.  See
the INSTALL file for details.  I am also betting that the directory
"qfiles" in your Mailman installation directory has a bunch of messages
sitting there, waiting to be delivered.  If both of my guesses are
correct, once you set up the crontab entries, all of the e-mail you
have been expecting will show up.

- Andrew