[Mailman-Users] What happened to my administration login?

Beachfrontads at aol.com Beachfrontads at aol.com
Thu Sep 26 03:14:31 CEST 2002

I paid someone to install Mailman for me in March of this year.  Everything
has been fine til now.  I'm getting this error message when I try to login to
the administrative page:

Mailman CGI error!!!

The expected gid of the Mailman CGI wrapper did not match the gid as set by
the Web server.The most likely cause is that Mailman was configured and
installed incorrectly. Please read the INSTALL instructions again, paying
close attention to the --with-cgi-gid configure option. This entry is being
stored in your syslog: Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 99, GOT gid -1.
(Reconfigure to take -1?)

I have not changed the script.  What happened and how can I fix it?  I have
no knowledge of scripts.

Thank you,
Julie