[Mailman-Users] configuring mailman for a simpler purpose

mailman at tux.org mailman at tux.org
Wed Sep 25 19:09:56 CEST 2002

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, drumguru wrote:

> Hi! My new hosting service, clevelandhosting.com, has recommended
> Mailman. I have need of a simple "one way" newletter email program to
> broadcast announcements to my customer email list, with the only
> recipient options being to subscribe or unsubscribe: no discussion
> features, etc. Is mailman configurable to do this or should I look
> elsewhere?

To make a list announce-only, go to "Privacy Options" and set 'Restrict
posting privilege to list members?' to "No" -AND- add only yourself to the
next field, 'Addresses of members accepted for posting to this list ...'

See also:

  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp
  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py
  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=index