[Mailman-Users] General Posting Filters (Privacy?)

Daniel Katz dkatz at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 23 03:04:19 CEST 2002

We're using a current install of Mailman 2.0.6 and I tried going through
the diff logs to find if this bug (or is it a bug?) was fixed or not
with no success.

I thought maybe you guys can shed some light on the subject.

I setup a list for archival purposes and want the whole world to be able
to post to it.  Reading through some of the user submitted documentation
I set the _General Posting Filters_ to reflect.

Must posts be approved by an administrator? -> No
Restrict posting privilege to list members? (member_posting_only) -> No
Addresses of members accepted for posting to this list without implicit
approval requirement -> (Blank)

Is this just a 2.0.6 bug or is this an issue that has not been looked at.

Thanks in advance.

-dK