[Mailman-Users] Was Does mailman support a MySQL backend? - Now MTA tweaking!

Angel Gabriel badmangabriel at lycos.co.uk
Fri Sep 20 18:55:31 CEST 2002

Thanks for the prompt reply, and I'm talking to all the personal emails I've
recieved!! It's seems that it is a matter of personal  prefrance as to the
MTA to use... which just left me stuck!! So, I'm gonna stick with sendmail,
and add a little hack to stop all the DNS lookups. Hopefully that should
increase performance slightly, or at least run a cache nameserver, which
should have the same effect of increasing performance, by reducing the time
wasted waiting for responses. I expect about 30% of the list to bounce.....
given that the list is old, and has been gathering some serious digital
dust! I also read someone amoung the many pages, that mailman uses it's own
delivery mechanism... is that correct? Because if it is, why use an external
MTA?