[Mailman-Users] How do I add subscribers?

Raquel Rice raquel at thericehouse.net
Wed Sep 18 07:06:34 CEST 2002

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:30:46 -0700
"Polly Olsen" <polly at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> I have been reading the information for the new Mailman.  I have
> not been able to locate how to add people to my list!  I have a
> list but can't figure out how to create my list.  Could you please
> guide me.
>   List name:  nacoe-doctors
>
> Thanks,
> Polly Olsen
> Program Coordinator
> Native American Center of Excellence
> Office Multicultural Affairs
> Box 357430, T-545A Health Science Center
> Seattle WA, 98195-7430
> 206-616-3043

Polly,

To create a new list you need to use the "newlist" command.  Go to
your mailman directory and issue the command "bin/newlist --help".
It will return instructions for creating a list.

You'll need to have root access to edit the /etc/mail/access file
and run "newaliases"

You can add subscribers by the administrators interface.  Whether
your version supports the "add_members" commands depends upon the
version you're using.

What version are you using?

What kind of access do you have to the server?

--
Raquel
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those