[Mailman-Users] qfiles question

Christopher Adams chris.a.adams at state.or.us
Tue Sep 17 23:32:59 CEST 2002

I subscribed a batch of addresses to a list. When a welcome message met up
with an AutoResponder, it started generating a message/minute from
list-admin to the subscriber. Eventually a *.msg file of 10 MB accumulated
in the /home/mailman/qfiles directory. It appears that Postfix (the MTA)
does not have the message in the queue, but rather Mailman keeps attaching
text to this *.msg file in the qfiles directory and trying to send it to the
subscriber. Because the file is so large, it can't deliver it to the
subscriber (fortunately).

I tried to rename the *.msg file, but then Mailman started giving this
message about "can't unlink orphan file....".

So, my question is- how can I safely delete this file so that the mail
server won't keep generating these messages?

Christopher Adams
Automated Systems
Oregon State Library
503-378-4243  x258