Subject: [Mailman-Users] Can I use two separate servers for Mailman and mail

Thomas R. Speight Thomas at travelhacker.net
Sat Sep 14 18:50:50 CEST 2002

Mel,

The straight forward answer is yes!  I run Mailman and my server and send
my Mailman mail to another server (not mine) using Exim even though I also
run sendmail on my server for all mail other than my Mailman lists.

In the Mailman directory find the file mm_cfg.py, then change or add the line
SMTPHOST = 'yourdomain.com'

You are on your own from here!  You have to set permissions to allow your
mail on that server

Thomas

Well let me post this differently. I checked the FAQ and found nothing.
I have MM 2.0.13 installed on the webserver for a client here and would
like to use the MTA (Sendmail) on the mail server which is a different
box. Sendmail version is 8.12.4. How can I accomplish this.
Mel