[Mailman-Users] Try Again

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Sep 14 19:17:39 CEST 2002

Mel Sojka wrote:

> Well let me post this differently. I checked the FAQ and found nothing.
> I have MM 2.0.13 installed on the webserver for a client here and would
> like to use the MTA (Sendmail) on the mail server which is a different
> box. Sendmail version is 8.12.4. How can I accomplish this.

    Mailman pipes messages through the local MTA, however, you can configure that MTA to use a SmartHost.  What this means is that Mailman will send its messages to the local MTA which in turn relays them to the SmartHost (a completely different machine) which will then deliver the message to the final recipient.  Read sendmail's documentation on how to set this up.

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130