[Mailman-Users] Partial Hide of Subscriber's Address

Dean Suhr deansuhr at carpedis.com
Fri Sep 13 23:18:03 CEST 2002

Good Evening,

I am pondering a Mailman install.  I have read the documentation and would
like a clarification ...

It appears that a user can hide their address from those that can view a
subscriber list (in which case the list address is used as the substitute
for their address in messages that they send).  It also appears that the
entire list of subscribers can be hidden from view.

I would like to hide only the e-mail address - not the text that usually
travels with the address (the text Name).  I would be willing to require
this information as logon time - either true name or a list specific name
alias.

Does Mailman support this sort of partial hiding?

Fro example - I'd like you al to know that this message came from Dean Suhr.
but perhaps not to see my address. The list where this is important to me is
a reply to list default.

Regards,
Dean