[Mailman-Users] Is one-way possible?

Christopher Allen [BigFatPipe.Net] cra at bigfatpipe.net
Thu Sep 5 21:36:37 CEST 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Alexander Czernay wrote:
> You're probably using MM2.0 as I do. It seems like it doesn't have those
> features.
> It would be great if the developers could add that announcement-only
> feature to MM in an obvious and simple way.

Under Mailman 2.0.x:

Go into the administrative interface for your list, then to the "Privacy
Options" page.  On that page, set "Must posts be approved by an
administrator?" to "Yes."  Then, put the address of the person who should
be able to post without preapproval into the "Addresses of members
accepted for posting to this list without implicit approval requirement"
box.

-CA

-- Christopher R. Allen -------------- cra at bigfatpipe.net --
-- "When one tugs at a single thing in nature he finds it --
-- attached to the rest of the world."  ------- John Muir --