[Mailman-Users] public listname case? + system pass?

Odhiambo G. Washington wash at wananchi.com
Sun Sep 1 16:32:15 CEST 2002

* Paul Reilly <pareilly at tcd.ie> [20020901 01:20]: wrote:

> 2 questions:
>
> 1) when i create a new list with 'newlist -q mylist paul at paul.com mypass'
>    it creates the list fine, but it always changes the case of the
>    listname to uppercase. ie "mylist" becomes "Mylist".
>
>    This means I need to go in to the web interface to change it back to
>    lower case every time. How do I stop this from happening? What code
>    needs to be edited ? I'm using mailman 2.0.13

Why do you think you need to change it in the web UI???? That thinking is
absolutely unnecessary since the listname as it appears to you does not
affect you in any way! Read my lips ;-)

> 2) Is there/how does the global admin password work?
>    I want to delegate list management to the list owners, but still
>    have a password that will get me in to the admin section of any list.
>    How do I implement this?

You have the site password, even the CLI access to it. This is shallow but
I'd just share the same password with them. If they change it, I can use the
CLI to manage the list, no?

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington, wash at wananchi.com	. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |