OFFTOPIC Re: [Mailman-Users] Archive URL in postings (2.1b3)

Kyle Rhorer rhorer at swbell.net
Wed Oct 30 21:00:06 CET 2002

On Wednesday 30 October 2002 13:17, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> To: munging destroys information just as clearly as Reply-To:
> munging.

I have to disagree that Reply-To: munging destroys information.  Here's
why -- most MUA's I have used do not by default show the Reply-To:
header for either incoming or outgoing mail.  Some will let you
configure them to show it, some won't.  Many (most?) users have never
seen a Reply-To: header (or field if you're speaking of entering info
into the MUA for sending), so they don't rely on it to give them any
meaningful information.  If a list administrator wants to preserve the