personalization features (was Re: [Mailman-Users] Archive URL in postings (2.1b3))

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Tue Oct 29 20:55:56 CET 2002

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 11:27  AM, Gerald Oskoboiny wrote:
> > I agree with almost everything Jay Sekora has written in this thread.
>
> it's too bad these issues didn't come up as this got hashed out on
> mailman-developers. it's good that it's going to get hashed out while
> it's still in beta. there's probably a "hint hint" in there somewhere...

A lot of us are users and not developers, but we still have feelings
(strong ones in this case) on major changes like this.  Perhaps
mailman-users was the right place for the discussion, not
mailman-developers.

I work on a commercial email product and so I can't legally (as
defined by my company's lawyers) look at the mailman source code.  For
that reason I never joined the developers list.

Do we need a mailman-advanced-users list?

alex