OFFTOPIC Re: [Mailman-Users] Archive URL in postings (2.1b3)

Jay Sekora jay at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Oct 29 19:38:19 CET 2002

> > However I find the addition of my delivery address into the To line
> > highly irritating
>
> Why? I'm curious.

Because it's simply a lie.  I got this mail with the headers:

From:    Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui at plaidworks.com>
To:      jay at ccs.neu.edu

What that means to me is that Chuq Von Rospach knows me, knows my email
address, deliberately decided to send this mail to me specifically,
and thinks that the subscribers of mailman-users at python.org might
be interested in looking over our shoulders as we have this personal
conversation.

I often put people and/or lists in the To: or Cc: headers, or Bcc:
headers, depending on the content of the mail and how important I
think it is to them.  I will trust lists less if they mess with what
I put there.

I sometimes put actual content that is important to the message in
those headers, such as: