OFFTOPIC Re: [Mailman-Users] Archive URL in postings (2.1b3)

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 14:13:50 CET 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 12:54, Michael Radziej wrote:
> It seems that the new mailman now creates individual "To:" headers.
> I'm not sure if I like this since I cannot tell whether the recipient
> wanted to send the mail really to me and only cc the list (so he might
> expect a personal answer from myself), or if it's just a regular list
> mail. But this is definitely not the fault of Brian or somebody else ...

Its either that personalisation has been switched on - which I think is
in general bad for a general purpose list, or a (n unecessary) side
effect of VERP handling, although if thats the case then the VERP
limiting has been set so all messages are VERPed.

I guess it will change after the US folks get going again... unless
Barry is wanting to knock all the bugs out of personalisation by
stressing it a little.

	Nigel.