[Mailman-Users] rejecting non-subscriber postings

Erez Zadok ezk at cs.sunysb.edu
Sun Oct 20 00:13:38 CEST 2002

In message <1035050142.1633.39.camel at Anncons.nc.rr.com>, Jon Carnes writes:
> I think he's already done that and simply wants Mailman to handle the
> held messages by deleting them instead of holding them.
>
> Erez, you should check out the FAQ, there are a couple of sections that
> will help you out.  There is a work-around that deletes all the messages
> daily instead of sending you a daily status of held messages.

Yes, that was useful.  However, it don't inform the sender that their
message was deleted.  Worse, they might already have gotten an auto-bounce
saying that their message is held for approval, expecting someone to approve
it.

> You might also consider an upgrade to the Beta version.  The beta
> version has this built into it!

Great.  I'll give it a try (on a system on which I have privileges to
install a new/beta mailman software. :-)

> Jon Carnes

Erez.