[Mailman-Users] duplicating a mailman list?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 19 19:48:14 CEST 2002

I've seen a python script that does this - it was posted to this list,
so it must be in the archives.  What you really need to do, is edit your
~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py file and add in the defaults that you
prefer.  Then when you create a new list, the defaults will be set
properly to your standards.

Alternately, you can dump out a lists configuration by using
~mailman/bin/dumpdb

You can modify the output and then feed that back into a list (using
dumpdb again) to modify its configuration!  Dumpdb is a great tool and
you can use it to dump out and save various mailing list "syles" (like
announcement only lists, general discussion lists, or moderated private
lists, etc...)

Good Luck - Jon Carnes