[Mailman-Users] duplicating a mailman list?

Erez Zadok ezk at cs.sunysb.edu
Sat Oct 19 14:46:57 CEST 2002

[I've used mailman for a few years now, but I'm new to this list.]

How do I create an identical duplicate of a list by another new name?

I'm using mailman 2.0.13.  I'm generally very happy with it.  When I need to
create a new list, it takes me time to create it, b/c for the most part I
want to configure that list identically to other lists (esp. wrt
privacy/protection features).  Specifically I want to turn on/off certain
features, etc.  I do so by creating a new list, then going through the Web
interface for the old and new list, and setting the options by hand.  It's a
pain and time consuming.

I could not find a python script to duplicate one list to another.  I'd like
to copy everything: configuration, archives, and subscribership.  Actually,
I mostly care about configuration.  I don't mind if the subscribership and
archives are duplicated or not (I can handle those relatively automatically
by other means).

If someone had written a python script to "cp oldlist newlist" please let me
know.  (I couldn't find it in the faqs either.)

I also couldn't find this feature in the short list of new mailman 2.1
features.  Is something like that planned for 2.1?

Thanks,
Erez.