[Mailman-Users] UID/GID mismatch error....

jared sanders jared at synapseglobal.com
Sat Oct 12 00:23:18 CEST 2002

We re-installed apache-1.3.27 (prevoiusly 1.3.24) on our server, while we
left mailman untouched.  Now when we try to use mailman we get the following:
Mailman CGI error!!!
The expected gid of the Mailman CGI wrapper did not match the gid as set by
the Web server.
The most likely cause is that Mailman was configured and installed
incorrectly. Please read the INSTALL instructions again, paying close
attention to the --with-cgi-gid configure option. This entry is being
stored in your syslog:
Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 1, GOT gid 60001.  (Reconfigure to take
60001?)

we want to fix this problem without upgrading or recompiling mailman, we
cannot lose our current mailing lists.  Any guidance would be great, thanks
in advance guys!