[Mailman-Users] Unable to access admin area

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 9 17:13:33 CEST 2002

Check to see if the configuration file was corrupted:
  ~mailman/bin/check_db ~mailman/lists/<listname>/config.db

If not, see if you can access the configuration via the command line:
  ~mailman/bin/list_members
  ~mailman/bin/add_members

Some larger lists take too long to load on slower servers, so the
maintenance has to be done via the command line.  There are several
work-arounds for this.  My favorite is to put aside a small part of the
RAM as a drive and then to mount that RAM drive over the list
configuration directory.  You have to take care to copy off the files to
another location that is really on disk.  Do it hourly and on shutdown,
then on startup load it back in.

An other clever variation on this is to create a small disk partition
the same size as the RAM drive and mount the two as a RAID 1 drive. The
RAM disk information will then automatically be taken care of my the OS.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes
===