[Mailman-Users] mailman getting behind (qfiles)

mailman at tux.org mailman at tux.org
Wed Oct 9 12:17:09 CEST 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Wayne Walker wrote:

> QRUNNER_PROCESS_LIFETIME = minutes(15)
> QRUNNER_MAX_MESSAGES = 300
>
> So, this thing sits for 15 minutes and reduces the qfiles dir (180 to
> 118 in 15 minutes).  Any ideas why it would take longer than that?

Is it the same messages always sitting around, or a different bunch
every time?  Also, are you positive that it takes the full 15 minutes
for qrunner to reduce the queue, or does it perhaps do what it is
going to do very quickly, and then bogs down?  Finally, does your
qrunner log show anything that might help?

The only time I have had a Mailman queue backlog is when there was a
bad  message in the queue.  I moved it aside, and the rest cleared out
in good time.  The qrunner log was very clear about the problem; one
look there, and you may have your answer right away.

- Andrew