[Mailman-Users] qrunner lock

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 8 20:01:07 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 23:08, Chris Lawson wrote:

> > Are the proper directories setup as Set-gid?
>
> Um... a bit of a knowledge blind spot for me. The directory of a given
> private list archive is mailman.mailman.

In the INSTALL file for Mailman it details some setup directions:
  Make sure this directory is set to group `mailman' (or whatever
  you're going to specify as --with-ownergroup) and has the setgid
  bit set (but see README.BSD if you're on a BSD system).  You
  probably also want to guarantee that this directory is readable
  and executable by everyone.  For example, these shell commands
  will accomplish this:
      % cd $prefix   (cd /home/mailman)
      % chgrp mailman .
      % chmod a+rx,g+ws .

> But there are a couple of odd things in two public archive directories for
> lists created since I moved to the rpm version of Mailman.

I friggin hate the RPM versions of Mailman.  You might simply want to
install from source and see if everything works after that...

> The public archive directories (which seem to be soft links to private
> archive directories) for these two lists are flashing white with a red
> background, when I look at them (using 'ls'). That usually means there's a
> permission or a linking problem. But they, like the non-flashing
> directories, are root.mailman

I'm guessing that the links point to directories that no longer exist
(or never existed). Why not recreate those directories?

> >  Have you run out of space on any of your volumes?
>
> I'm close, but /var has 9mb left and that's as close as I come to full.

9mb?!?  That's not a lot of free space... I personally would worry about
that.  Check your log files and see if you can't delete some - so you
can reclaim more space.