[Mailman-Users] Multiple Servers for a List?

David Richards d.richards at qut.edu.au
Thu Nov 21 00:31:26 CET 2002

Not so much of performance that will be a problem, but more of a
availability issue.  Yes, would be fun to try...

How about Ian's original idea, about keeping certain directories in sync??
Which directories would that have to be, and can a straight 'cp -R' acheive
the syncing??

Dave.

> I would worry about locking on the databases.  Mailman handles
> this via a lock file in a common directory, so it should work
> even in active-active, but you would still only have one mailman
> process able to run on a list at one time.  In other words, I
> don't think you would get much better performance out of the dual
> system since only one at time would have access to the list
> databases.
> It would be fun to try it out!
>
> On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 00:17, David Richards wrote:
> > How about ACTIVE-ACTIVE sharing the same installation via an
> NFS mount (or > possibly shared storage in a cluster)?
> >
> > D.

Dave Richards
Project Manager (Messaging)
Information Technology Services