[Mailman-Users] Announce only list

Parker, David K dparker at ci.bryan.tx.us
Thu Nov 21 00:03:38 CET 2002

We are wanting to create an announce only list for upcoming events in our
City. In looking at mailman, it appears the standard welcome message can be
prepended with some text, but you cannot customize the entire message for a
specific list. We particulary want to cut out the wording about how to post
to the list, since posting will not be permitted. What are the standard
procedures for setting up an announce only list without effecting the
welcome message for every other list on the same server? I'm sure there is a
simple way that I'm overlooking.

Thanks,

David Parker
Systems/Network Administrator