[Mailman-Users] Eliminating access to the web interface/unsubscribing

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 20 23:31:09 CET 2002

You can definitely disable the web interface, but what I do is simply
edit the web page for that particular list and remove that option from
the web page.

Also, you can definitely remove the <listname>-request alias so that no
email requests are handled by the automated services.  In this case I
would point that alias to <listname>-owner and let the owner of the list
handle the emailed requests by hand.

If you are more sophisticated you can front-end the <listname>-request
alias with a procmail script (or a simply a grep) that dumps any
unsubscribe attempts.

In that way, you can gain what you desire!  Remember that when you go
Open Source the answer is: You Can Do It!

Good Luck - Jon Carnes