[Mailman-Users] RedHat and Mailman - recommendation

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Tue Nov 19 15:50:50 CET 2002

Hello,

I have a RedHat 8 server that is currently not being used for any email.

I also ended up with a mailman install, but I would like to test the beta.

Given that I would have to check the Sendmail configs and get that working
first, I am also interested in checking out Postfix.

Has anyone already done this, and are there specific gotchas to avoid, or
recommendations on specific packages?  This is not a production environment.

My basic plan of attack would be to reomve the Sendmail rpms and mailman rpm
that are currently installed, then install the latest Postfix (1.1.11 I
downloaded last week) and Mailman (2.1b4).

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own