[Mailman-Users] Mailman problem

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 11 00:43:01 CET 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 13:17, Johnathon B. Allread - East Coast Computers
wrote:

> Well, your comment seems pretty snide...  Mailman seems to be a great
> program since I figured out what I needed to do.  The documentation
> seems lacking, but I can't complain since there is a mailing list
> devoted to it.

Hmmm, Jeremy's mail seemed pretty nice to me - especially since he hit
the mark on your problem.  In light of that, your statement seems much
more snide.

> I'm just wondering if there's
> > some way this step could be improved -- there are many many queries
> > every week with people who ignore the alias-creation step, and I'm
> > wondering why.
>
> Well the reason would be that the "alias-creation step" doesn't tell you
> to edit the aliases file (see comment above).  I mentioned how to
> improve the wording.  What would be a great help is to add this
> re-occurring problem to the FAQ.  I looked and didn't see it.

FAQ entry 3.14 section 2

BTW: the FAQ is open source.  Feel free to adjust it so others who
follow will have an easier time...