[Mailman-Users] mailman and qmail gid problem

Barry Smoke barry at arhosting.com
Sat Nov 9 04:27:06 CET 2002

I'm referring to the README.QMAIL file, which has the section on
setgid...

I know about mailman having to run as gid 102, which is what I hard
coded it to at install time...
I am an isp, which has a main domain of arhosting.com
I do virtual hosting, using apache, and qmail+vmailmgr, which I add
every virtual domin to the system as a user, which gives them a userid,
and gid...

I just made the virtual domains primary group the same as mailman's, and
it is working now...

It would be nice to get around having to do that though, because of
posting concerns/permissions...

I guess, I could still keep them in the group that was created when the
virtual domain was added as a user.