[Mailman-Users] stats

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Nov 6 01:43:25 CET 2002

On 05 Nov 2002 16:11:12 -0500
Jon Carnes <jonc at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> So you're looking for a script to deliver real-time stats on what
> Mailman is currently doing?  Sounds like it would be useful.  I'll see
> if I can't crank out a script to look in all the right places.

> On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 15:31, Davin Dahlgren wrote:

>> Has anyone written a program that will give me some stats on
>> Mailman's progress? Percent complete, how many have gone out, how
>> many are yet to go, etc.?

You'll get useless numbers.

Mailman hands off to the MTA.  The MTA hands off to an MX (primary,
secondary, whatever).  Some number of transits later, and it can be
quite large, the messages arrives at a mailbox, is bounced, or silently
disappears.

Now what do you want to metricise?  The Mailman hand-off to the MTA?
The MTA hand-off to a remote MX?  For what MTA?

--
J C Lawrence