[Mailman-Users] !Help with Configure

Justin Alcorn justin at jalcorn.net
Tue Nov 5 12:42:13 CET 2002

Depends on what version you are running.

If you are running 2.0.x, set 'restrict posting to list members' to 'No' (I
know, it's counter intuitive).  Then put the addresses that can post into the
'addresses that can post without admin approval'.   That has the affect of
allowing ONLY those addresses to post directly.

In 2.1.x, the control is under Privacy options->Sender Filters.  Make everyone
moderated by default (you  can even just discard or reject posts that are
moderated)

Then put the automatic posters into 'accept_these_nonmembers'.  It looks like it
should actually be called 'accept_these_posters' , since it seems that the
emails can be members or not.

--
Justin Alcorn
http://jalcorn.net