[Mailman-Users] How to handle single quote in subscriber email address

Cassandra Fleetwood csf at incose.propagation.net
Fri May 31 05:10:40 CEST 2002

cron logs the following error message from qrunner when attempting to send
the subscription confirmation message to a user that has a single in their
address (i.e. "john.o'reilly at domain.com").

sh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file

How do I get Mailman to handle addresses that contain a single quote?

My configuration: RedHat 7.2, Apache 1.3.23, Python 1.5.2, Sendmail 8.11.6,
Mailman 2.0.11

-Cassandra