[Mailman-Users] "undisclosed recipients"

Bruce P. Toombs toombs at sympatico.ca
Sun May 26 23:05:09 CEST 2002

I have a problem with mailman 2.0.1 that may be very simple to fix, but I
can't see how, and can't find any information on it.  When in the 'privacy
options' I want to say 'yes' to "Must posts have list named in destination
(to, cc) field (or be among the acceptable alias names, specified below)?"

The problem is that this causes **all** posts to be held for moderator
approval, with the explanation that they have 'implicit destinations'. I'm
afraid I don't understand what this means, as I have tried all kinds of
things -- including: placing things in the .cc and/or .bcc fields; typing
in 'acceptable' alias names in the following box on the page (though maybe
I'm doing this wrong); and even typing the name of the list as well as the
address in the 'to' line of mails. Nothing seems to work.  Can anyone tell
me what I'm doing wrong? Or is it mailman's fault.

I know I can solve the problem by just clicking 'no' instead of 'yes', but
that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks!

Bruce.

Bruce P. Toombs
Depts. of Humanities and Liberal Arts
Champlain Regional College, St-Lambert, Quebec
toombs at sympatico.ca    /  toombs at champlaincollege.qc.ca
http://www3.sympatico.ca/toombs

The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you
learned this afternoon.