[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1b2 installed and working (almost).

Rob Brandt rbrandt at sbdsl.com
Fri May 24 23:54:41 CEST 2002

More insight to this problem:

It's permissions in aliases.db, as the httpd error log tells me.
I've proved that to be true by setting the permissions for aliases.db
to be read/write for all users, and it now works.  I'm certain that's
*not* really what I want, but I'm not sure what the permissions
*should* be' i.e., which user and group.  They are currently
u=mailman, g=mailman.  I did try changing user to root just to see
what would happen, but it didn't help the list creation and it
prevented mail from being sent through the lists because of a script
error.

Another problem.  The domain used to access the archives seems to
always use the value found in DEFAULT_URL_HOST in mm_cfg.py.  It
should use the same domain as is on the link page, or at least in the
preferred host field.  It looks funny to start at one domain and end
up at another.  Or do I not have something set right?

Rob