[Mailman-Users] optional display name for generated replyto and from address?

Paul Pruett ppruett at webengr.com
Fri May 24 23:15:26 CEST 2002

question,

We are using Mailman version 2.0.8, which is in the ports for OpenBSD 3.1

I have been asked by list users if the "optional display name" could
be sent with the addr-spec <the real email addrss with @>
when mailman includes its email address and when mailman includes
a specific email address, like the replyto specified.

I looked and tested the interface features, then looked some but
not exhaustively at the python code and templates.  I got errors
when trying to enter an email address in the format using angle brackets
for an explicit reply to.

Is it possible to do this without significant changes, and if so
would the changes work for virtual hosting?