[Mailman-Users] Re: [SAtalk] One Last Question Before I Start Installing SpamAssassin...

David T-G davidtg at justpickone.org
Wed May 22 14:41:52 CEST 2002

Jim --

...and then Jim Hale said...
%
% I've decided that until I get comfortable with running SA as a system-wide
% util, I'm going to set it up for individuals on my EMail server (there's only 5
% so copying the files needed shouldn't be a big hassle) - anyway - is there a

Note that you can install it at the system level and then have users call
it themselves before you insert it in the main mail pipe; you don't have
to duplicate the installation in order to have it only work for users X,
Y, and Z.

% way to link SA to process incoming messages to a mailing list and snagging them
% before they go out? I know that it will catch the copy of the message sent to
% ME, but can it catch the message before it gets shipped off to 100+ people?

You have to insert it before the list software catches it.  It appears
from your crossposting that you're using postfix and mailman, neither of
which I know terribly well, but there has to be a way your system
resolves listaddr at yoursite to hand it to mailman; just have it hand it to
procmail for processing (and possible flushing/bouncing/whatnot) and then
let procmail hand it to mailman.

%
% Thanks!

HTH & HAND