[Mailman-Users] Mailman not updating /etc/aliases properly

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue May 21 18:13:15 CEST 2002

Joe Brouhard wrote:

> However, when it's all done, mailman *WORKS*.. But the /etc/aliases file
> is not auto updated when I create lists.
>
> Any ideas on what could be wrong?  I think the mail gid may be wrong..
> Should I change it to something else, root maybe? <G>

    Mailman doesn't change your aliases unless you explicitly tell it to when
you create a new list.  It just tells you what you need to add to your file.
If you want it to automatically start adding aliases, then you need to run
'newlist' with the -o <file> flag.  Read 'newlist -h' for more information on
this feature.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.