[Mailman-Users] New user question

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sun May 12 04:28:13 CEST 2002

On Sat, 11 May 2002 21:36:11 -0400 `
AerosmithFanClub com List Admin <listadmin at aerosmithfanclub.com> wrote:

> Well damn that sucks.

Mailman is not for you at this point.  I recommend finding another
mailing list solution.

> My suggestion is to make this a LOT simpler and do away with all the
> levels of control and protection.  Its way overkill.

2.1, with some adaption, (may need an external data store adaptor for
the membership roster(s)) can be configured to do what you want.

> The simplicity of using plain old email to subscribe and/or
> unsubscribe is much preferred over the web interface and passwords.

You can subscribe and unsubscribe from Mailman lists using only email.

> On top of that all those damn extra headers that are added to each
> email are a total pain.

Please read RFC 2369 and the FAQ:

  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py

--