[Mailman-Users] It's working :)

Greg Long mailmanlist at maneuveringspeed.com
Wed May 1 21:20:20 CEST 2002

Dick is correct, it's all there, albeit cryptic for those inexperienced
with compiling and configuring software using configure and make.

I do find myself wondering why more if this can't be automated by an
installer and ready-to-run binaries, but that's just my win background -
It's easier for admins to spend company money on software licenses I
guess than to roll up the shirt sleeves and fight with it.

Turns out my GID for the mailing was 99, I found this out by mail that
bounced, the recommended script for us Postfix'ers "python -c'import os;
print os.getgid()'" returned 538...not sure why, but wanted to report
that to the developers.

Special thanks to Dick and Ashley,

Greg Long