[Mailman-Users] password reminders sent with wrong sender

Hans-Peter Zahno hans-peter.zahno at unifr.ch
Wed May 1 11:17:05 CEST 2002

Hi,

We run MM 2.0.10 (upgraded from 2.0.8 about 2 weeks ago) on Solaris 8 and Python 1.52 and
serving about 260 lists.
By this mornings password reminders we detected that (at least?) one lists password reminders
were sent with wrong 'Sender:', 'Errors-To:', 'X-BeenThere:' headers. So the admin of
list B got delivery failure reports of password reminders of list A!
Note that:
- list A is configured to send password reminders
- list A is _not_ advertised
- list B does _not_ send password reminders
- list B is advertised

I couldn't figure out where the problem comes from, but I'm interested if someone
else noticed the same problem. Before upgrading to 2.0.10 we didn't noticed that.

Thanks for any hints!
Regards
Hans-Peter

Hans-Peter Zahno                      | mailto:Hans-Peter.Zahno at unifr.ch
Universität Freiburg/Informatikdienst |        Phone: +41(0)26 300 72 07
av. de l'Europe 20                    |          Fax: +41(0)26 300 97 04
CH-1700 Freiburg - Switzerland        |              http://www.unifr.ch