[Mailman-Users] Desparation...

rjones at email.unc.edu rjones at email.unc.edu
Mon Mar 25 20:32:02 CET 2002

Hi, my name is Russ Jones and Im a student at UNC Chapel Hill. First
off, I would like to say that your Mailman program is incredible and
God sent. I love it.

Unfortunately, I have been running into a rather difficult problem.
Everything works for the most part, I can add new lists, administer the
from via the internet, when I add new users it sends out welcome
messages, etc... Unfortunately, I cannot get the Mailman script to
accept incoming messages and distribute them... Messages are returned
with the statment "user unknown" for messages sent to the listserv,
just as though I had sent a message to the server with a random 30
digit number as the user.

Any ideas? Im sure you get a thousand email messages a day, but I would
really be thankful if you could help me out. A copy of the email
returned is listed below...

Sincerely and Gratefully,

Russ Jones

-->

The original message was received at Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:20:47 -0500
(EST)
from rjones at login7.isis.unc.edu [152.2.1.104]

<russ at usstudents.org>
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 <russ at usstudents.org>... User unknown)

... while talking to mail.usstudents.org.:
>>> RCPT To:<russ at usstudents.org>
<<< 550 5.1.1 <russ at usstudents.org>... User unknown
550 5.1.1 <russ at usstudents.org>... User unknown

Part 2
Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp.unc.edu
Arrival-Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:20:47 -0500 (EST)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; russ at usstudents.org
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; mail.usstudents.org
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.1.1 <russ at usstudents.org>... User unknown
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:22:16 -0500 (EST)