[Mailman-Users] install woes, please guide

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Mar 18 02:33:57 CET 2002

Check out the FAQ, again.  Your mailman applications where installed to be
run by the local MTA (sendmail, postfix, exim, whatever...), and the expected
Group ID for the MTA is <some_number>.  Whatever is acting as your MTA is
running as Group ID <some_other_number>

Look in /etc/group to see what Group name is associated with which GID #.

If your mail handling program is indeed running with GID of
<some_other_number>, then you can simply re-run the install of mailman (from
source) with a simple config option.

Another fix would be to reconfigure your MTA to run as GID <some_number>.  Be
careful if you choose this option - you may need to adjust the group rights
on a few files or end up with a broken MTA.

Jon Carnes

 --- Original Message: Sunday 17 March 2002 08:30 am ---