[Mailman-Users] Need to create a user each time?

Dirk H. Schulz dirk.schulz at multibyte.de
Thu Mar 14 16:15:22 CET 2002

Hello Claudia,

At 08:58 14.03.2002 -0600, you wrote:

>Hello all.

- snip -

>         550 5.1.1 <prueba8 at pruebas.validomain.com>... User
>unknown
>
>I have configured in two systems. One a freebds 4.5
>stable using sendmail and the other a Linux Mandrake
>8.1 using postfix. All both equipments do the same...
>I can see the administrative webpages, change
>parameters and everything.
>I read on the archives that I need to be sure that
>aliases is corrected written and updated with
>"newaliases"
>
>Do I have to create a user each time I create a list
>(in this case prueba8 ) ?

No, you have to create entries in the aliases file every time you create a
list. The newlist script tells you what do write into the aliases file.
After editing the file you have to run newaliases or postalias (which is
the postfix version).

Best is, you have the alias file somewhere in the mailman directory and
configured in the postfix main.cf the path to the file (alias_maps=hash path)

Dirk