[Mailman-Users] How do I recover email addresses?

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Wed Mar 13 21:14:22 CET 2002

I don't know about ancient times (like back in the days of MM v1.1) but the
databases today are stored off the home directory of mailman (generally:
/home/mailman/lists/<listname>/....).  If you look at the commands that come
with Mailman you will find several that can be of help to you:
  list_members
  dumpdb

To get "list_members" to work, you may have to move the directory structure
so that the lists once again hang off of the home directory of the user
Mailman.

If you have trouble accessing them, then let us know, I'll wager that
someone on the list can crack open the databases and get at the list info
for you.

Good Luck,
Jon Carnes