[Mailman-Users] Reply Question

Marc MERLIN marc_news at vasoftware.com
Mon Mar 11 05:34:48 CET 2002

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 07:30:03AM -0800, alex wetmore wrote:
> > > Mailman could look at the To and Cc lines of the message and make sure
> > > it doesn't sent to members which are listed on those lines.  This
> > > would result in each person getting one copy, either from the list or
> > > from the sender who hit "reply to all".
> >
> > That's  what I  was saying,  it's  an option  Ben  wrote and  that just  got
> > included in mailman cvs
>
> You described this as a mutt feature (or maybe I missed something), I
> was suggesting it as a mailman feature.

Ok, let's try again:
mutt supports reply to author, reply to list, and reply to all.
I usually  use reply  to all  with mutt  anyway because  I make  the default
assumption that the sender may want a copy of my answer (which in some cases
you can receive quite a while before the list copy)

Then, there is the mailman feature I was talking about which allows the
receipient not to receive a list ocpy if he/she was Cced in the message.

Marc