[Mailman-Users] archive naming convention

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Wed Mar 6 16:19:53 CET 2002

Hi !

I am a complete novice to Mailman and trying to upgrade the lists we are
running from smail to Mailman.
If this question was asked and answered before, i am sorry.
(Anyhow, Mailman-archives are not searchable, so it is not entirely my
fault)

I am running Debian/GNU Linux (woody) with Mailman-2.0.8(-3).
Everything is (still) fine, but :
I am going to archive the mails monthly: the default naming convention
for monthly archives is "%Y-%B", which results in "2002-March".
I would prefer "%Y-%m" (since this is the naming convention of our
current archives which have been used for 4 years now. there is also a
small search-engine based on this convention)

so i could edit the Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py script to change the
default behaviour.
However, this is not so good, since it will make the task of updating my
debian-system really awful (and i am sure, i will forget about the small
change made "back then")

i guess there are no real alternatives ? are there ?

does anybody now, whether this behaviour will change (eg: become
user-adjustable via a global configuration-file, or preferably
seperately for each list) ??

any help is appreciated

mfg.c.asdr
IOhannes