[Mailman-Users] Installation on Mac OSX

Michael Johnson michael at emjay.net
Wed Mar 6 02:29:31 CET 2002

On Tuesday, March 5, 2002, at 08:10 PM, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

The master himself speaks!

> Did you in fact create user mailman? It's complaining it doesn't exist.

I made the user and a group using Server Admin.  Then, I tried on OSX
client using --with-groupname=staff and still had a problem.

> If you've created it, it may be that mailman and/or python needs to be
> made
> netinfo aware. But I kjnow others have gotten mailman running fine under
> MacOS x. it's something I've got on my plate for Real Soon Now (in fact,
> talked ot my boss about that today....)

I guess the trick is making one or both of them NetInfo aware.  I looked
in the archives and didn't see anything on that specifically.  Know if
someone like Scott Anguish has done anything with this?  I didn't see
anything on stepwise.

-Michael