[Mailman-Users] Spam intrusion

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Jun 22 05:51:27 CEST 2002

    I'd like to know how posts from NON-members are getting posted to lists that are explicitly set to only allow members:

----------
post to hyperbolical from mailer-daemon13692 at google.com, size=743, success
post to hypnotica from mailer-daemon18643 at google.com, size=723, 1 failures
post to notgoingtostop from mailer-daemon25941 at google.com, size=755, success
post to perennity from mailer-daemon12314 at google.com, size=726, success

    This is running MM 2.0.11 and for whatever dumb reason it rejects some, and it allows others.  All lists are set to allow only members to post (I've just verified that myself), yet as you can see above, three out of four got through without a hitch.

    Can someone tell me what might be happening?  Is there anywhere else I need to look for possible errors, or misconfigurations?

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130